Girl_N3xt_Door (and slightly round the bend)

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Monday Updates – Now posted on Tuesday!

On Friday night, I went out in the city with a girlfriend. Which meant schlepping FROM the city, to my place then BACK to the city almost exactly where I started from. We started out at the 3 wise monkeys where an absolute lunatic tried to pick me up. I mean kah-ray-ze! He came over and started chatting to me, seemingly innocent enough. What he was saying didn’t make a lot of sense, but I put that down to the fact that he was drunk. I made some half assed comment back and he thought I was a kindred spirit. His pick up line? “You’re brilliant – I despise you”. Um, ok? He then tried to talk to me about the role woman play in Shakespearian theatre as opposed to the role they play in modern literature. We made some lame excuse then ran away. This guy needed a tin foil hat to keep the aliens out.



We then went to the Orient and I made friends with another weirdo (I seem to attract the weird ones!) Turns out he’s 10 years my senior with a kid! No thanks! We went to Jacksons and with the help of a bouncer friend (I frantically whispered in his ear that I needed to loose the guy and he put his arm around me and loudly said “I’m going to be home late tonight honey – can you remember to feed the fish before you go to bed?” What an angel!)

We got home at 6.30 Saturday morning and conked out!

Saturday I went to the real estate agents and paid most of my rent (I need to post the rest today – don’t let me forget!) and got the form to have my ex signed out of my lease. Then I went to visit a friend in hospital and spent the rest of Saturday there. I went back on Sunday for more visiting.

Sunday night I went over to the ex’s to get him to sign the form and then we went out for coffee afterwards. He walked me to my car as I was leaving and we were chatting – then he leaned over and kissed me! Eeep! I had no idea what to do! I stuttered a goodbye and jumped in the car. He was apologising and blah blah blah. I stuttered through another sentence that made no sense then drove off. What the hell!?! I think it’s time I told him that I’m seeing someone else. I really don’t want to hurt him, but I REALLY don’t want that to be a repeat performance!

I'm feeling a bit like this at the moment...






Any advice?

Music in my head: Phil Collins. Something Happened On The Way To Heaven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home