Girl_N3xt_Door (and slightly round the bend)

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Holiday! Celebrate!




Hey guys, keeping with my “must post more often and stop posting whiney self rightous crap” resolutions – here’s my thoughts for the day and my update so far.

I went home from work early on Friday to clean for an apartment inspection by the landlord and by Friday night I was so jack of cleaning that I called the ex and asked if he wanted his mail/cat food that I bought when I thought I wanted a cat. So I went over and had a cuppa. It was nice. No mean-ness, no catty-ness, not picking or blaming. Just the general nonsense we’ve always talked about and I headed home to finish my cleaning. I’m in love with his kitten though! I tried to put it in my handbag when I left, but it kept swatting at things.

Saturday night I went out for dinner with mum and dad – and was home by 9.00pm! 22 years old and sitting home on my own on a Saturday night. I felt so pathetic! I didn’t want to go out clubbing or dancing or drinking or anything like that...I just didn’t want to be sitting at home on a Saturday night on my own. I thought about calling Jenny but thought it would be useless cause of course she’d have plans! She always does. I went over to her place on Sunday only to find out she was sitting at home on Saturday night, bored out of her mind and wishing she could do ANYTHING. She didn’t call because she thought it would be useless cause of course I’d have plans! I always do!

Man, we’re so stupid!

On Saturday afternoon, my shower broke so I had a bath on Sunday night and washed my hair in the kitchen sink (oh yeah...I’m THAT classy) and on Monday night turned up at my parents house with shampoo and a towel and begged to use their shower. Mum thought I was the most pathetic looking thing she’d ever seen, especially when I seemed so overjoyed to see a real live shower!

The plumber came yesterday and after I waited for 2 1/2 hours for him to turn up...he fixed it in 20 seconds! I honestly thought he’d be there on time (I know! I’m naive!) so told my boss I’d be back at work that afternoon...that didn’t happen.

Oh – saw Chuck and Larry on Sunday with Jenny. Seeing Jessica Biel walk around in her underwear reminded me just how wobbly I am. Made a Bridget Jones-esque resolution to exercise. Also acted in a Bridget Jones-esque manner and haven’t done squat.

Spoke to Nathan (kinda) today, got an email from him in New York. So jealous! Must remember to ask when he comes back.

As promised – I’ve got some photo’s – here’s 2 from Jenny’s 21st 2 weeks ago.
...
...
....
ok...the scanner's having issues and it's just not working for me. Imagine there's a pic of me there. I'll try another day :)
Music in my head: Celebrate - Madonna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home